Skip to main content

Finden Sie den richtigen Heimroboter und sparen Sie sich Zeit!

Should I Get A Custody Agreement

You can let a lawyer create a custody contract for you, or you can save money by writing one yourself (individually or with the other parent). If you`re entering into an agreement yourself, let the Custody X Change app guide you through every step so you can be sure your document is ready for court. If you`re in a situation where you need to apply for custody of your child, you may not know where to start. One thing you should do at an early stage is to enter into a custody agreement. Another misinformation that can arise during the custody process is that the parent with primary care can move with the children wherever and whenever they want. This is simply not the case. Both parents, including the party with primary custody, must comply with the provisions of the custody contract. If a parent wishes to move from Massachusetts with their child, they must seek a change in their agreement with the home court that ordered them. MOVE: If a parent is considering leaving the state or country, it may be better for a parent to have sole custody. The easiest and most reliable way to enter into a custody agreement is with Custody X Change. If a parent has sole custody, their child will live with them full-time and will have visits (possibly supervised) with the other parent, unless the court finds that the visits would not be in the best interests of the child. In the absence of a written document prohibiting such an action, it is not an abduction, unless the motivation for moving with the children is to escape the jurisdiction of the Courts of North Carolina. Remember that in a separation agreement, you have the power to define which custody agreement is best for your child, but if a judge has to decide on the custody agreement, you lose your decisions.

Many courts now think that a divorce makes a significant difference, and even if one parent has been more involved during the relationship than the other, if that parent can now be more available, there`s no reason why that parent shouldn`t be able to have more time with the children. But in most cases, couples are able to compromise on custody without forcing this issue in court. In fact, with more than ninety percent of divorces, custody never becomes a real problem. A parent (usually the mother) has been the child`s primary reference person throughout his or her life; and the parties agree that this reference person should continue to have the child most of the time. . . .